30 JAHRE FRIEDLICHE REVOLUTION – MAUERFALL
art direction for the projection on the East Side Gallery and the former Stasi headquaters – two of the total of six projection sites
The celebration of the 30th anniversary of the German reunification and the fall of the Berlin wall led us to one of the major projects in the history of Urbanscreen.
For the festival ’30 Jahre Friedliche Revolution – Mauerfall’ in Berlin our mission was no less than to revive six different historically significant places. Thus, we developed six different stories and six graphical approaches to do justice to these places.
With a combination of historical archive material, historical photos, sound and animations, we breathed life into Humboldt-Forum, Gethsemanekirche, Alexanderplatz, Europacenter, East Side Gallery and the former Stasi headquarters.
Every show ended with a sound collage of contemporary voices, speaking about topics that were consistent with the historical parts of the shows and also broader, more philosophical themes.
We left the audience pondering about questions like “What does it mean to be brave?”, “Why and how do people protest today?” and “What do we long for nowadays?”.
A great thank you to our amazing partners: Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH, INVR.SPACE GmbH and Lynx Media Systems GmbH!
Comissioned by: Kulturprojekte Berlin Gmbh
Premiere: 4.11.2019 – 10.11.2019
- art direction: for the East Side Gallery
- art direction: for the former Stasi headquarters
- Production Management: Majo Ussat
- Creative Management, Content Production Planning: Till Botterweck
- Dramaturgy, Editorial work, Research: Lydia Liedtke
- Art Direction: Daniel Rossa
- Technical Management: Frank Wagner
- Motion Graphic Design at INVR.SPACE GmbH: Philipp Wenning, Sönke Kirchhof
- Motion Graphic Design at URBANSCREEN: Julian Hölscher, Ana Cristino Romão,
- Moritz Horn, Moritz Janis Richartz /Xenorama
- Score, Sound design: André Feldhaus, Anders Wasserfall, Jonas Wiese
- Audio Restauration: Piet Blumentritt /Selling Spot Studios
- Editorial Work, Research: Lennart Liedtke, Michael Hockel
- 3D Data and Modelling: Moritz Horn
- Technical Implementation: Lynx Media Systems
- Dramaturgical Consulting: Justin Koch
- Mock-ups: Eike Buff
- Production Assistance Tenders: Carmen Wetzel
- Direction: Moritz Janis Richartz
- Camera, Editing, Photos: Moritz Horn, Moritz Janis Richartz, Lennart Liedtke, Marcel Bückner / Xenorama, Sven Paetsch
- Outer Eye: Lydia Liedtke