CAPITAL SKETCHES | Façade Projection | Berlin leuchtet 2018
For the annual Berlin leuchtet-festival, we illuminated two towers of Märkisches Zentrum, the centerpiece of Märkisches Viertel, a large housing estate in the Reinickendorf district of northern Berlin.
Fueled by the pulsating beat of Thomas Werners (Llyphon) Soundtrack, CAPITAL SKETCHES brings the minimalistic and austere buildings to live with bright colors.
Graphic forms integrate and reflect the patterns of the architecture, quick changes of scenery and moving bricks vivify the rigid and smooth surface of the façade.
Even intensified by actual words, the two towers seem to be communicating – either with each other or an outside observer?
- art direction
- art direction: Julian Hölscher
- production manager: Till Botterweck
- technical setup & planning: Frank Wagner (Wagner Medientechnik)
- sound design & documentation edit: : Thomas Werner (Llyphon)
- camera: Julian Hölscher, Lukas Neumann
- documentation Eedit: Lukas Neumann
- photos: Lukas Neumann
- A big thank you to Gesobau and Kintyre Management GmbH for this trusting and inspiring cooperation!