CITYSCAPE | augmented sculpture
CITYSCAPE is an augmented sculpture commissioned by Union Investment Real Estate and DG Hyp for their fair booth at the Expo Real 2017.
Inspired by the structure of city maps, the sculpture design works with simple geometric forms and different depth layers to create an abstract cityscape. Custom-fit video animations trace its surfaces and edges, ranging from subtle light animations to realistic 3D-transformations. The work was conceived to visualize the dynamics of urban development in a subtle way, while it explores the transitions between lighting design and motion graphics.
Union Investment Real Estate / DG Hyp
Designed fort he fair booth at Expo Real 2017
- art direction
- object design
- Art Direction & Object Design: Julian Hölscher
- Object Planning & Construction: Ole Werner
- Concept: Janna Schmidt, Julian Hölscher
- Production Manager: Janna Schmidt
- Technical Planning: Frank Wagner (Wagner Medientechnik)
- Technical Setup & Supervision: Markus Haupt (IBEX Eventtechnik GbR)
- Documentation Direction: Thorbjörn Geisler
- Camera: Thorbjörn Geisler, Timo Johannes
- Documentation Edit: Lukas Neumann