Rice University | Centennial Spectacle
An audio-visual performance within the scope of the 100th anniversary of the William Marsh Rice University in Houston, Texas, USA.
Rice invited URBANSCREEN to stage the Spectacle in its academic quadrangle during its Centennial Celebration. The Spectacle chronicles the university´s history by interpreting different decades and its inspiring story.
With a 270° approach and a persistent length of 240m projection as well as full spatial sound (6.1), it was a great immersive experience and a pleasure for us to mingle with the centennial audience on the campus.
This documentation offers the performance in its original length, from varied perspectives.
Find a documentation of the making of here: vimeo.com/58622727
Premiered on the 11th October 2012
Additional performances on the 13th and 14th October.
Duration: 20 min
- Art Director
- Creative Director: Thorsten Bauer
- Art Director: Max Goergen, Till Botterweck, Julian Hoelscher, Jonas Wiese
- 3D Designer: Peter Pflug, Moritz Horn
- Music: Jonas Wiese (soundcloud.com/jonaswiese), Thorsten Bauer
- Sound Designer: Jan Fels (e-bergmann.de), Jonas Wiese
- Mock-up: Simon Denecke
- Production Manager: Manuel Engels
- Media Engineer: Tobias Wursthorn (im-en.com)
- Technical Director: Sven Rolfes
- Documentation Director: Jonas Wiese
- On-Site Camera: Jonas Wiese, Julian Hoelscher, Till Botterweck
- Mock-up Camera: Simon Denecke
- Edit: Jonas Wiese
- Technical on-site provider: LD Systems (ldsystems.com)
- Commissioned by: Rice University (rice.edu), President David W. Leebron
- Centennial Commission Co-Chairs: J.D. Bucky Allshouse, Teveia Barnes, Janice Doty
- Spectacle Committee Co-Chairs: Molly Hipp Hubbard, Sarah Whiting
- Spectacle Committee Executive Producer: Kathleen A. Boyd
- Spectacle Committee Project Manager: Kathy Jones
- Spectacle Committee: Kevin Foyle
- Media-Engine support: WINGS VIOSO (avstumpfl.com)
- Mock-Up projector support: EPSON (epson.de)
- An URBANSCREEN.com production